Mac G3 reboots during installation

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
23 Aug 2004 16:02:13 -0400

If the Mac is rebooting as you say you may have a PRAM problem which
means the battery needs to be replaced.  If I understood your statement
correctly these reboots occur erratically.  So it probably has nothing
to do with what you are installing or anything else; also I would not
advise a direct comparison between problems which occur on a PC and
whatever is occuring on the Mac.  The systems are so completely
different that although theoretically they follow the general design of
CPU, HD , RAM and so on...what and how these respective systems complain
about their respective component problems can be completely misleading.

However, guessing and swapping out parts is not a solution either.  Run
TechTools Pro on the Mac OS side and get a shakedown report from
TechTools regarding the hardware and that should tell you plenty
regarding what is failing and so on.  As well as what to do about it, if
anything.