Mac G3 reboots during installation

Corey Mercer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:08:34 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I've tried switching hard drives, ram, pram
batteries and I've tried removing unnecessary cards,
but I still can't seem to get yellowdog to install on
this g3. Should I just hold off until version 4? I
can't imagine what else would cause this thing to
reboot in the middle of an installation. It happens
during the file copy at random moments. At one point
it actually made it to the second cd and I thought I
was home free until it rebooted during that one. The
only other thing that comes to mind is that perhaps
the system doesn't like ext3, but it's late and I'm
tired and don't feel like fighting with it anymore
today. I'll try changing the fs to ext2 tomorrow and
see if that helps, but I am not even remotely
optimistic.

Ideas?

-cor-