YDL and AIX Binary Compatibility

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:03:42 -0400

Hi all,

I am a DBA for a living and a lot of my databases reside on AIX. From
time to time, I have get a database to the office to repair some damage,
some irgnorant person has done to the poor thing.

Every so often, I'm at home when the call for help comes in. At home, I
do not have an AIX - but I have a PowerMac 9600 with a G4/400 upgrade
card, sitting in the closet, being switched off and semi-retired.

If I could run AIX compatible binaries on it, I had a great use for the
old box.

When I last ran YDL (3.0) there was no such thing - any idea, anybody,
if this is in the works somewhere?

Best regards,
Chris

--=20
--
Chris Ruprecht
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordina=C3=ADre