I need some help -> Encore Fast Ethernet (RTL-8139 D) and ASDL

Rafael Sant´Anna Meyer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 03:37:10 -0300

Hi people,

I need your help for several topics. I just installed YDL 3.0.1. at my
good and ole warrior PowerMac PPC 5500/250 mhz (my single computer at
home), and I am enjoying it a lot, but I am facing some problems which
aren't let me enjoy YDL at its full potential.

I have a Encore Fast Ethernet 10/100 board at my single pci slot but
YDL isn't recognizing it. For some reason the comp recognize another
board not mine and it always refuse activate Ethernet. Well this same
board aren't recognized by the OS 9.1.  How can I fix this problem?
(please try make a step by step method, I am fresh at Linux world)

I need this board to connect my comp to the ASDL service present at my
state. And I would like to know how I could configure the system. My
ASDL provider uses DHCP and PPPoE protocols and they force the users
to log at the service thru a homepage.

And my final question is: how can I watch some DivX movies and where
can I download the necessary codecs. I  already downloaded Xine and
Mplayer but both don't recognize the movies which I have at my HD nor
at my cds.

I use GNOME and KDE