No joy installing YDL on iMac

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Fri Dec 3 08:47:59 MST 2004

On Dec 3, 2004, at 12:39 AM, George Katele wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2004, at 4:58 PM, Norberto Quintanar wrote:
>>
>> You need to manually configure your XF86Config file
>>
>> <http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Configuration+of+XF86Config>
>>
>> The iMac monitor rates are as follows.
>>
>> http://www.grandtec.com/resgmv.htm
>

> Thank you!
>
> Now - another noob question:
>
> How do I do that from the command line? I can't get web access without
> the GUI!

George,

	It's nice to see someone who refers to himself as a "noob" *not*
top-post (unlike some of the helpful responses).  That said, my
favorite CLI tool for grabbing files off the net is wget.  To download
something off the web, just type at the prompt:
$wget http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Configuration+of+XF86Config

	There are many other interesting things you can do with wget, just
read the man page (>man wget).  And should my memory have totally
failed me and ydl *doesn't* ship with wget, try curl.  They perform the
same basic functions using different flags and most distros include one
or the other in the base install...

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle