OT: top-posting

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Dec 3 09:23:49 MST 2004

I would like to take this opportunity for a brief rant against opposition
to top-posting. We all learned in the second grade to "Do unto others as
you would have them do unto you," so I reply the way I prefer to read
replies. Perhaps in this way, I may eventually receive more replies that
are top-posted, and perhaps not, but it is in this way that I proudly
display my message-reading preference. I have nothing against those who
display the opposite preference by not top-posting, but I currently
believe that one should not think any less of those who reply in any
manner seen as less preferable. Thank you for understanding.