OT: top-posting

mascarasnake dontdrill at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 3 17:06:25 MST 2004

Okay, just a joke.

However, top posting, bottom posting - It's all not that important.

If you subscribe to a mailing list, and follow the threads, you know
what is going on in the context of the thread; whether or not someone
posts their solution/comment at the top of the reply, at the bottom, or
reply to specific issues inline should be moot.

Snipping also makes it all moot, as it disrupts the continuity of the
thread of the conversation. So, really, what *is* the point?

Snipping is a courtesy we should all follow as subscribers (simply to
reserve bandwidth). Those that aren't members or receive the ML as an
archive - well the dang thing is archived and can be read in a threaded
view.

That all being said, to paraphrase Norberto, don't quibble - help some
folks here. Top post, bottom post and snip to your heart's content. I
think the majority of us are bright enough to follow.

--
     It's what you make it man
     Takes time

             -The Minutemen