YDL4 Xmms crashing

Dean Takemori deant at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 4 19:45:27 MST 2004

Hello,

I'm running YDL 4.0 on a 900Mhz white G3 iBook (aka icebook).
Almost everything is running perfectly so far, including MOL,
Mozilla, Konqueror, OpenOffice and the Gimp.  I've even
managed to get Xine compiled, installed and playing DVD's.
(Using SRPMS from DAG's RPM repository)

(Mplayer complains that the system is too slow and VLC doesn't
compile ... yet).

What doesn't work is Xmms. No matter if I install the
binary RPM from the YDL disk or compile it from SRPM,
xmms-1.2.10-2.p segfaults immediately on execution.

Is anyone else running into this?

-dean takemori