AbiWord 2.2 for Mac OS X

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 5 07:09:54 MST 2004

Ed:

Ed Sutherland wrote:
> I agree with on all these points. I nearly live and breathe
> MS Word and for all of its detractors, it does a great job
> of following the Mac guidelines on look-and-feel.

Yes, it is a sad fact that the best, most feature complete word
processor available on the Mac today is Microsoft's product. Sigh.

> From time to time, I venture into the world of open source
> programming (I use Firefox more than Safari and still
> haven't given up hope for Thunderbird), but continue to
> rely on mainstream commercial software.

Firefox is darn good, and Thunderbird is not far behind (in fact, I am
typing this within Thunderbird -- the Yellow Dog mailing lists reject
all my posts from Apple's Mail.app). I look forward to seeing where each
application goes in the future.

Best wishes,
Clint