VDQ : hosing OSX

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Sun Dec 5 16:39:23 MST 2004

On Dec 5, 2004, at 3:56 PM, Beartooth wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:33:23 -0800, b1smooth at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> Everything else, alas!, is way over my head. Firmware?? dual usb??
> hfs+??
> bootcd? ext2/3?? filesystem support?? All Greek to me. As for
> apple.com --
> enemy territory, just like MS; sorry about that. I don't go there. (I
> do
> go to sourceforge.)
<snip>
> It would be nice if I could find a translation of that no doubt
> excellent
> explanation into idiotese. <sigh>
>
> --
> Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
> Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!
> Make that amazingly little.

You've thoroughly piqued my curiousity.  You appear to be vehemently
anti-MS and anti-Apple, yet have next to zero knowledge of Linux or
even how a computer fundamentally works.  What planet do you come from?
  How did you get an Apple computer?  If you bought it, why would you
pay the Apple tax when you dislike them so intensely?  Are you actually
just some strangely disguised troll?
	Now for my thoughts on the situation in which you find yourself.  Your
hardware is sufficiently old enough to be well supported by Linux (note
that I don't personally own your exact hardware).  Provided you don't
*need* any apps that are only available to OS X on ppc, you should be
able to blow away Mac OS X with little consequence...  Good luck!

Jurvis LaSalle