YDL4: ALSA configuration

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 07:19:07 MST 2004

A lot of people want to know that...

It seems very few people have working sound at all on YDL4, except in
the installer. My brand new iBook has this problem too. I think I
remember having sound on first boot though, or at least Konsole seemed
to be making noises when I tried tab-completionv - it was 3AM however.

I've tried recompiling the kernel, upgrading to 2.6.9, etc. Nothing
gets me sound

Is there going to be an errata soon that gives us working sound?

Cian