ClamAV in YDL?

David Wadson wadson at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 6 20:55:55 MST 2004

First thought would be iptables/firewall on the box blocking SMTP
traffic.

  I didn't install using Yum but rather just downloaded the latest
tarball from www.postfix.org and installed from that. It wasn't hard at
all. There's a great how-to at
http://www.geocities.com/scottlhenderson/spamfilter.html. The only
thing it doesn't have is the ClamAV part, but it wasn't too hard to add
it. I might have kept some updated instructions from the last time I
installed it. I'll have to check my computer at work tomorrow. A couple
of times installing as per the how-to for just a spamfilter helped
familiarize myself with the basics and then I was able to figure out
installing ClamAV. Amavisd-New's config files are heavily documented!

The nice thing about setting up a proxy server is that you don't have
to disturb your email server in order to do this. Plus, if the mail
proxy goes belly up on you, you just redirect your incoming SMTP
traffic straight to the email server while you fix the proxy.

Dave