lvm2

Terrence Bradshaw bradshaw at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 7 10:23:17 MST 2004

Yes. I briefly ranted about this earlier right after 4.0 was released to
YDL.net enhanced accounts.

The device mapper module has never been included in the 4.0 distribution
(as far as i can tell).  I would imagine that Owen might be able to shed
more light on the back end story of lvm and yellowdog.

I have not done any work on solving the problem but I would guess you
could build the module from kernel source or roll a brand new kernel for
yourself. I am very much interested in getting a solution to this; I just
have not had the time to try anything yet.