VDQ (pre-4.0 install) : how does yum work?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 7 12:54:32 MST 2004

After reading a few posts on one of the Fedora lists, which soon got
beyond my grasp, I gather that yum and especially yum.conf have been
changed a whole lot in FC3, and so, I presume, also in YDL4.

Is there a how-to for the technoidally inept somewhere?

I really like having yum-update just run nightly on FC1. But I had to
do it by simply downloading a sample yum.conf file and copying it into
/etc/yum. (Even so, of two FC1 machines where I did that, it works on one
(the one I'm on now), but not on the other (where I'm proposing to do a
clean install of FC3 once I get YDL 4.0 running on my wife's G3 iBook.))

So if the new yum works a whole different way, I might could oughtta study
that some before I try it -- or get to a site that will walk me through
it. Or will the first install CD for 4.0 do that?

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!