Display change kill GUI

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:07:47 MST 2004

You provided XFree86 with settings it cannot use

There might be a command line option at boot to stop X loading, but
otherwise, just kill the "blank screen" (which is X) six times with
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, and when gdm gives up and displays an error about
waiting for two minutes after 6 X crashes, log in and type
'Xautoconfig' at the command line. Then wait for gdm to restart X.

You'll be back to base settings but at least you'll have graphics.

Cian