VDQ : hosing OSX

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 4 12:39:14 MST 2004

I have the CDs for YDL 4.0, but haven't gotten to even breaking the seal
yet, partly because I haven't gotten any answer yet to the following,
which I asked elsewhere -- basically, is there any problem with wiping OSX
clear off a laptop?

My wife's retirement present, a G3 iBook from Terrasoft in August '02,
came with 20 or 25 GB of YDL 2.3 and the rest OSX. Both of us find we
detest the vaunted Apple Interface at least as much as MegaScat -- and
therefore never boot to it. When I upgraded 2.3 to 3.0, I left the OSX
alone, because we were still trying -- and because the only ISP we could
get at her mother's house supported Mac and MegaScat, but not linux.

We've meanwhile decided we'd rather to go offline there than fight with
OSX.

So : is there any gotcha or other consideration to have in mind, before I
put in the CD, reboot, and watch gloating for my chance to tell it to wipe
*everything* in favor of YDL 4.0?

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!