DRI on Radeon cards under YDL 4.0

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 10:47:18 MST 2004

Hi

A lot of the Debian and Gentoo iBook howtos suggest that 3D
acceleration is possible with DRI on Radeon powered laptops. I've
followed the instructions - I have a fully working X config file,
giving me full colour and full 2D accleration from the Radeon as a
result, DRI is enabled in the X config file and the radeon drm driver
is modprobed in. However, glxgears still gives me around 115FPS,
compared to around 850 as one of the howtos suggested. So obviously
DRI isn't working. Grep'ing the X log files show no mention of DRI

So, does the shipped X server or kernel not support drm/DRI in some
way? I'm using the kernel Owen posted to the list this morning.

Its not a major issue, I'd just like to be able to indulge in TuxRacer
at a usable speed sometimes...

Cian