movies very slow.

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+ydl at helsinki.fi
Mon Dec 13 04:11:26 MST 2004

> I installed yd 4.0 on my ibook g3 128Mb RAM.
> I have installed mplayer from source and xine from src.rpm.
> Mplayer and xine display dvd and divx very slowly.
> It is G3 processor insufficient or something else?

If the default X configuration uses the fbdev driver instead of
directly driving the display hardware, that's a very good starting
point.  What kind of display adapter does your iBook have?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,