movies very slow.

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 04:14:15 MST 2004

Without any access to the MPEG decoders that many Rage cards had, DVD
decoding is going to be very slow. Most DVD players for Linux on PPC
also expect Altivec, which you don't have. DivX can't be helped by an
MPEG decoder card either, so it'll also be slow

Also, you may be using fbdev for your graphics driver, and not any
form of accelerated graphics - this will slow down all video playback
hugely.

You should check to see can DivX files play properly in OSX. If they
can, then somethings wrong in YDL. If they can't, the machine is too
slow

Cian