Is there a sample yum.conf for 4.0??

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 13 13:10:26 MST 2004

I got 4.0 installed all right, afaik, last night; but my attempts to run
yum update kept running up against a brick wall. I tried adding in the
ydl.net servers, with my ID & password, and it did nothing; dunno whether
I messed up editing (the directions were clear as mud, for one who
doesn't really understand yum *nor* editing .conf files), or that server
was just overloaded, too.

What I'm hoping for is a copy of somebody's yum.conf that I can simply use
-- or at most put only my ID & password into with nano -- and draw on some
repository that can handle its load.

I had the same problem with 3.0 : tried and tried to update it, and never
did get any updates. I was counting on the trouble to be fixed.....

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!