General Vs. Newbie Lists - Correct Protocol

John Cochrane johnc33 at dircon.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 15:58:57 MST 2004

> John Cochrane wrote:
>> So, if I am in doubt about the crossover point (as in this case), which
>> should I lean towards.... or is it all so friendly that, aside from *really*
>> newbie-list questions (like "how do I start the machine"!) it doesn't matter
>> too much?
>
> Heh. depends on the answers you'd like to receive. You'll probably get
> more detailed HOWTO-like answers from the newbie list, whereas you'll
> get references to things to read from here (or at least from me!) ;)

That's fine. I have no problem with doing my own legwork.... but sometimes a
compass bearing is helpful!

>I also don't read the newbie list.

Thanks for being frank. That was precisely my concern, regarding posting in
the newbie list, and not getting the exposure that a particular question
might warrant. I'll wait a little more time for responses before posting the
question, as (in the interests of an efficient and effective mailing list) I
think this is an interesting point in it's own right, especially for
newbies.

Thanks,

John