General Vs. Newbie Lists - Correct Protocol

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 15 12:07:04 MST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:58:57 +0000, John Cochrane wrote:

>>I also don't read the newbie list.
>
> Thanks for being frank. That was precisely my concern, regarding posting in
> the newbie list, and not getting the exposure that a particular question
> might warrant. I'll wait a little more time for responses before posting the
> question, as (in the interests of an efficient and effective mailing list) I
> think this is an interesting point in it's own right, especially for
> newbies.

I used to try to follow the lists as email, and gave up years ago; this
one, however (whichever it is) is available on gmane as
gmane.linux.yellowdog.general (from news.gmane.org). So it's much easier
to skim out what you're trying to follow a/o have any hope of
understanding. Try it, you'll like it.

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!