VDQ : yum error under 4.0

Rick Thomas rbthomas55 at pobox.com
Wed Dec 15 00:15:53 MST 2004

On Tuesday, December 14, 2004, at 03:27 PM, beartooth wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:49:04 -0500, Chris Burnham wrote:
>
>> I have mine working after a little work with this yum.conf. I did
>> have a
>> typo with the "updates" directory - it was "update" which made it not
>> work. Good luck and if I can only get sound I will be happy
>
> Very odd. Very odd indeed. I went to /etc as root, did "mv yum.conf
> yum.conf.bk", ran ls | more to check, copied your version, did "nano -w
> yum.conf", pasted it in, substituted my userid & password in, saved it,
> and tried "yum update" again. Still no joy : I still get
>                           =====
> [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 530 Login incorrect.

The "ftp" machine and the web machine are different physical boxes,
and YDL seems to have trouble getting the passwords sync'ed between
them.  I've had similar troubles, myself.  Good luck getting the
attention of anybody at "support at ydl.net"  I've had terrible luck
in the past.  Maybe things have improved recently.

Rick