New monitor on a beige G3 with YDL 3.01

Steven J. Norton sjnorton at okno.com
Thu Dec 16 07:59:59 MST 2004

All,

I haven't quite been able to piece this together from the archives, so here
goes: I'm about to retire an older CRT monitor attached to my beige G3
server running YDL 3.01, and have an inexpensive flat panel display I'm
ready to use to replace it (analog only, VGA connector). Major increase in
available desk space. (The outgoing Mitsubishi monitor also has a VGA
connector, and has been working fine, albeit below its maximum resolution,
under YDL.)

What things should I do *ahead of time* to save myself grief later? What
steps should I expect to take once it's installed?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

  -- Steve Norton