VDQ : yum error under 4.0

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 16 08:23:36 MST 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:05:09 -0500, Andrew wrote:

> Your enthusiasm sure bring a warm feeling on my heart. Thanks for that!

	Wish I could do. If you ever pass through Blacksburg, I owe you
a beer. Several beers.

> Yeah, I got that too. Since YDL4 support NewWorld mac using yaboot only,
> well, there is no support for OldWorld macs and BootX.

One of the many things I find hopelessly confusing about things Apple,
alas!, is the nomenclature, especially the generic terms, like OW and NW.
What I have is a G3 iBook bought from Terrasoft with YDL 2.3 -- in August
of '02 iirc. It booted both YDL and OSX then, and continued to under 3.0

> I thinks that's the problem here it simply is looking for 'yaboot' but
> found nada. I am running 2.6.9 on my OldWorld and its working even with
> the same error as you got.
>
> [andrew at virgule andrew]$ uname -pros
> Linux 2.6.9-1.ydl.8 ppc GNU/Linux
>
> I had to copy the new kernel image (/boot/vmlinux-2.6.9-1.ydl.8) into
> 'Linux Kernel' folder on the MacOS side for BootX to use. But you use no
> bootloader? You puzzling me here. How do you boot your machine?

Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!