VDQ : yum error under 4.0

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 15 15:05:09 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 16:35, Beartooth wrote:

Your enthusiasm sure bring a warm feeling on my heart. Thanks for that!

<snip>

> Question : what means that about the bootloader and kernel?? (I now have
> only YDL on this machine -- no OSX at all.)

Yeah, I got that too. Since YDL4 support NewWorld mac using yaboot only,
well, there is no support for OldWorld macs and BootX. I thinks thats
the problem here it simply is looking for 'yaboot' but found nada. I am
running 2.6.9 on my OldWorld and its working even with the same error as
you got.

[andrew at virgule andrew]$ uname -pros
Linux 2.6.9-1.ydl.8 ppc GNU/Linux

I had to copy the new kernel image (/boot/vmlinux-2.6.9-1.ydl.8) into
'Linux Kernel' folder on the MacOS side for BootX to use. But you use no
bootloader? You puzzling me here. How do you boot your machine?