Pismo 3D acceleration!!!! YAY! Alert: long post!

Nathan Cashion ldsnately at mac.com
Thu Dec 16 22:05:26 MST 2004

Hey this sounds great.
But I'm a newbie to YDL and Linux in general, so could I get a little
more info on how to go about doing all of this?

On Thursday, December 16, 2004, at 05:03  PM,
yellowdog-general-request at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:
> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:55:30 -0600
> From: Felix Jodoin <felixj at shaw.ca>
> The hardware guide said it couldn't be done, but I found a way.
> Want full 3d acceleration on your powerbook g3 pismo?
>
> First of all, get the system set up with kernel 2.6.9:
> Update the system
> -then-
> Edit your yaboot configuration files to make sure it's using that.
> Remove the "append=rhgb quiet" line, and run ybin.

   I think I got the kernel updated and the yaboot.conf file modified
correctly so how do I go about the rest?

> Once you've done that, use the attached XF86Config configuration file:

OK, this is the part I need help with.  How is it that I "use" the
attached XF86Config file?  Do I just copy it to some .conf file or what?

> That will give you 3D acceleration!

Thanks in advance for the help.  And I am still a newbie so I
appreciate all the detail your time will permit you to provide.  Feel
free to post replies to the newbie-list also/only.
Nately
PS Sorry if this posts twice, I forgot to change the Subject line!  %-)