iMac G5's

Brian J.Watson bjwatson at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 11:38:58 MST 2004

Has anyone successfully installed YDL 4.0 on one of the new iMac G5's?
I just started trying to do it this morning, and when I said to install
from CD-ROM, no appropriate driver could be found for it. I have the
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-825 SuperDrive.

I then tried to install from the ISO images that I have on my OS X
partition. Unfortunately, when the installer prompted me for the
partition and directory for the ISO images, it only listed /dev/sda*
devices, which doesn't help me to access my OS X partition on
/dev/hda3.

Something else I noticed is that the installer's kernel cranks the
cooling fans up to maximum speed, effectively turning my normally quiet
computer into a jet engine. Hopefully I can do something about this
once YDL is installed.

Has anyone already done this installation who could help me navigate
the landmines?

Thanks,

Brian