VVDQ : pine??

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 17 10:58:37 MST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:36:13 -0500, Derick Centeno wrote:

> [aguilarojo at arakus aguilarojo]$ whereis pine
> pine: /usr/bin/pine /etc/pine.conf /usr/share/man/man1/pine.1.gz

Maybe something is wrong with my CDs. I had done that -- but got :
                            =====
[root at localhost root]# locate pine
/home/tslg/.pan/gmane/gmane.mail.pine.general
/home/btth/.pan/Giganews/comp.mail.pine
/home/btth/.pan/Gmane/gmane.mail.pine.announce
/home/btth/.pan/Gmane/gmane.mail.pine.general
/usr/share/gimp/2.0/patterns/pine.pat
/usr/share/vim/vim62/syntax/pine.vim
[root at localhost root]# whereis pine
pine:
[root at localhost root]# rpm -q pine
package pine is not installed
[root at localhost root]#
                          =====

> Note how Linux tells you where it is located.  So then one way to invoke
> pine to go to that directory and then do ./pine to start pine.

Well, but most of the things I got above are usenet messages -- I use Pan
to read usenet. I didn't bother with the gimp one, presuming a picture of
a tree. But I did try this :
                        =====
[root at localhost root]# file /usr/share/vim/vim62/syntax/pine.vim
/usr/share/vim/vim62/syntax/pine.vim: ASCII English text
[root at localhost root]#
                        =====

So I think I still need a download, don't I?