AirPort Extreme (was Re: FROM LIST ADMIN - Re: Ubuntu Ubuntu Ubuntu)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Dec 17 14:39:25 MST 2004

There's nothing off-the-wall about the qemu/ndiswrapper combination. I
have it on good authority that this is in fact possible to do. I have
posted such a proposal to this list before. Qemu has a system-level
emulation component that can be compiled directly into other programs,
such as Darwine. In this case it could be compiled into ndiswrapper, and
then ndiswrapper will run on YDL. There is no real reason AirPort Extreme
can't be supported under Linux in this manner. It's just that somebody
that has a machine with AirPort Extreme (which I don't) needs to invest
the time and energy into making it work.