Item of interest? FC3 for PPC

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 18 10:18:31 MST 2004

Iiuc, YDL 4.0 is based on FC2; so it might be of interest that a version
of FC3 for PPC has been announced on
gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.core.announce. I haven't tried FC3 yet, though
the CDs are due any day now; but one thing in particular that I've picked
up is that yum has been changed.

Perhaps a few of our Friendly Local Alpha Plus Geeks (FLAGs) on this list
will be moved to check it out, and give us a preview of what to be
thinking about before YDL 5.0 comes out.

Dunno 'bout y'all, but as for me, whether yum is actually better, and if
so whether it's comprehensible to the likes of Gamma Minus Geeks, may well
determine, all by its own self, whether I keep FC3, or downgrade back to
FC1.

I'm told that there's a header people can search on; I presume it must be
this one:

No doubt someone here can tell us how to do a search properly.

The way I do it, since my newsreader handles multiple feeds, is simply to
have one newsserver permanently set to news.gmane.org, and keep a
permanent subscription to gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.core.announce among
others. For those who want to do it that way (and I highly recommend it!),
the date of this announcement is Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:13:25 +0800

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!