console video mol -- molvconfig problems

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 07:01:13 MST 2004

Markus,

It may be possible to get MOL console video to work by changing the
frame buffer. By default you are using the Open Firmware frame buffer
[offb]. You might want to try using your ATI Radeon card as the
framebuffer device. Review the recent posts by Albrecht Dreß.

-Joseph

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 02:33, Markus Tarköy wrote:
> Thanks Joseph for the information. Too bad, I was hoping that it would be
> possible somehow. To be precise, I do not just get a black screen but a
> "Out of sync" pop-up from my monitor I assume ...
>
> Cheers Markus

joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net