hardware browser problem

rhizoma rio xrhizoma at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Dec 21 00:36:49 MST 2004

Dear all,
I have Apple G3 preinstalled, so far, everything run
well, exceptionally a program named hwbrowser (harware
browser).I get problem with it. This program can't run
on my computer. If I start from the start menu, this
program only displays query ( to fill root password).
after that it's self closed. when I tried to run this
program from terminal. I found some message like this
:

bash-2.05# hwbrowser
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/share/hwbrowser/DeviceList.py", line 203,
 in reread_device_type_list
 File "/usr/share/hwbrowser/DeviceList.py", line 150,
 in reread_device_type_list

list.set(iter,0,hardware.get_category_string(key),1,key)
 File "/usr/share/hwbrowser/DeviceList.py", line 91,
 in get_category_string
 return self.type_mapping[key]
 KeyError : 20

I don't have any experience in python programming and
I'm also really newbie. I need your help. what should
I do? thank you for your attention