console video mol -- molvconfig problems

Markus Tarköy markus.tarkoey at bernabiotech.com
Wed Dec 22 00:17:58 MST 2004

Joseph wrote:

>Markus,

>It may be possible to get MOL console video to work by changing the
>frame buffer. By default you are using the Open Firmware frame buffer
>[offb]. You might want to try using your ATI Radeon card as the
>framebuffer device. Review the recent posts by Albrecht DreÃ?.

>-Joseph

At the moment I try to use the radeon fb and if I look at the dmesg it
seems to be the right way. However, still black screen on console. I think
there is a problem with the corresponding /dev/fbx it wants to use. Dmesg
tells me that it switches to /dev/fb0 which is unfortunately my old onboard
Ati Mach 64 video card. The card my monitor is attached to is /dev/fb1
(Radeon 7000 Mac Edition PCI). My next question now is: how can I switch to
the correct /dev/fb1? And in which file would I stick this info into, so
that when booting up it uses /dev/fb1 as framebuffer device and not
/dev/fb0.

Thanks again for your help
Markus