Scribus under YDL-4.0

Geert Janssens geert.janssens3 at pandora.be
Thu Dec 23 02:46:05 MST 2004

Lewis Coleman wrote:
> I had no trouble building and installing "Scribus", but when i tried to
> run it, I got this message:
>
> scribus: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot
>
> I found libqt-mt.so.3.  it was in the environmental variable QTDIR's
> directory.  What am I doing wrong?
>
>        Lewis Coleman
> [

This means the dynamic linker isn't properly configured to find the
library. I had the same problem right after upgrading to 4.0.

As root, edit ld.so.conf or one of the files in ld.so.conf.d to point to
the new Qt base directory:
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib

Be sure also to remove references to older Qt versions.

Then, still as root, run the command
ldconfig

That should get you going.

Geert Jan