Configuring ALSA in YDL4

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Thu Dec 23 05:21:13 MST 2004

Joseph,

(sorry for not quoting; I don't have the original in my mailbox any more)

The instructions you gave were spot on. Now XMMS-ALSA doesn't play at
warp speed. However, testing aRtsd with the ALSA driver loaded gives a
horrible hissing noise (is this related to endian-ness?). Also, I have
to back off the PCM volume a touch from max or the bass sounds distorted
on my iBook. I also note that the hotkeys for mute/vol. up/vol. down no
longer work. I guess this was a function of the dmasound_pmac driver.

Thanks,
Brian
--
Brian Richardson