Configuring ALSA in YDL4

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Thu Dec 23 06:35:10 MST 2004

Brian,

My ALSA experiences are similar to yours. Run "alsamixer" and you will
see a bar graph with numerical values for master-volume, bass, treble,
and PCM. I have found that keeping these values in the "green" range
results in good sound output.

I run the GNOME desktop rather than KDE. I have found that KDE sound
with ALSA produces the hissing noise that you describe. I have not yet
figured out what the source of the problem is.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net