linux-2.6.10

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Sun Dec 26 12:16:32 MST 2004

Booted yesterday evening my machine (Tibook rev III, Radeon M7) under
the brand new 2.6.10 and I am very happy.  The sound issues I had with
the 2.6.9 series (namely that concurrent instances of XEmaacs
attempting to play sounds will produce a kernel oops and crash the
application) are all gone.  I have not experienced any other issues
like the ones reported here, the machine sleeps and wakes up fine, and
I continue to get about 1400 fps from glxgear.  I even have the system
beep back (which I have promptly muted ;-) ).

Linux 2.6.10, udev 030, glibc 2.3.3.20040420-r2, GCC 3.4.1-r3, Xorg
6.8.0-r3.

Cheers,
Stefan

--
``There's no use trying, one can't believe impossible things.''
``I daresay you haven't had much practice.  When I was your age, I