Help with L2 G3 Newertech upgrade?

Scott Strungis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 2 19:23:01 2004

Hi listers,

I am frustrated as all get out at this point.

I installed YDL 3.0 on my stock 6400 (it took like 4 hours!) and it runs
nicely with a Voodoo3 card but quite slowly under X.  My primary use for
this machine is as a nice quiet server and it does this quite well.  I
got the Newer L2 G3 upgrade card in the mail today and installed it
under OS 9.  It runs nicely.  I tried to boot into YDL using BootX and
it locks up tight without showing the dog graphic, plus the HD does not
spin back up.

I have tried using the PowerLogix software as well.  So far I have not
changed my BootX settings.  The G3 enabler loads, then the PowerLogix
init, and then the BootX.  I resedit-ed the PowerLogix init to a
filetype of scri so that the three load first, and in that order.  It
still locks up tight.

Is there anyway to get YDL to boot properly using my G3?  I would like
to use YDL as a desktop from time to time and the G3 would allow this
nicely as it is QUITE fast under OS9.

So does anyone have another trick?  Are there boot arguments that I can
use or something?

Thanks,
Scott Strungis