Power Mac 6500 ethernet YDL 3.0

D.B. Holder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 4 17:46:47 2004

I solved this problem under YDL 2.3 with the 2.4 kernel. My machine wouldn't
pull a DHCP
lease for the NIC residing in the Comm II slot on the 6500 mainboard. My
machine wasn't
reporting the correct MAC address for the ethernet card in the Comm II slot.
In order to fix
this problem, I first edited my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to
contain:

NAME=localhost
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none

Then I edited my /etc/rc.local file to contain:

ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 hw ether ad:dr:es:ss:ss
ifconfig eth0 up
/sbin/dhcpd eth0

Where you replace ad:dr:es:ss:ss with the correct MAC address for your NIC
in the Comm
II slot. This allowed me to pull a DHCP lease.

Hope this helps.

	David Emerson <arnage@mac.com>
Sent by: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com

02/04/2004 05:39 PM