Printing to Epson SP750 through serial port

Thomas Carlson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 6 05:36:01 2004

Has anyone successfully used the Printer Configuration utility in YDL
3.0 to set up an Epson SP750 printer connected to my Powermac 9500
through the serial port?  I had things going OK in YDL 2.2 but for the
life of me can't get anything to work in 3.0.  Did the drill to get the
/dev/ttyS1 port working:

chmod a+w /dev/ttyS1
stty 230400 raw -echo cstopb </dev/ttyS1
stty ixon ixoff </dev/ttyS1

It prints out a test line with:

echo -en "test\f" >/dev/ttyS1

When I st up the printer with Printer Configuration and try to do a test
print I get a blinking light on the printer and nada.  What am I missing
here.

Tom