adsl internet

Jean-Patrick Pommier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 7 06:58:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 00:00, LEONIDAS JEGOROVAS wrote:
> Hi,
> If somebody would be so kind and help me and others with making work
> ADSL internet. "How to" on internet were not very helpful and a bit
> dated and couldn't find anything useful, tried hard
> My PPC:IMAC/NEW WORLD/  500MHZ; 20GB; 384MB; 24XCDR/W; YDL 3.01;
> KERNEL 2.6.1; BUILT IN ETHERNET:UNINORTH GMAC(SUN GEM). Any help would
> be appreciate. Please not hesitate try.
> Thanks in advance.
> With respect
>
> Leonidas Jegorovas

Have a look here
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/rp-pppoe/index.php

ADSL coonection : IMac 233 + ethernet + sagem fast 908 modem.

Get the ppoe client.
compile
launch
answer the questions (choose to be connected on boot)
that's all

I didn't try to get the internet connection "through" the usb port
because the modem was not detected.

Jean-Patrick Pommier