Install error Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1--ANSWER FROM TERRASOFT

Paul N. Schatz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 9 20:14:02 2004

	I have just received the following reply frrom terrasoft
regarding the problem described below:

"Mon Feb 09, 2004 ... 04:08:43 pm

Paul,

It looks like you need a more recent version of YDL. Even with MacOS
X journaling disabled, new OS X does something to HFS+ that stock YDL
can't handle. You can either download new ISOs, or if you like, send
your CDs back and we'll send out a replacement set that is newer.

Here's the link for those ISOs:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/resources/ftp_mirrors.shtml

Let me know which you would like to do. I may just try to ship you a
newest set. You can give the older set to a friend. Would that be
best? "

Thank You,
  Tech Support
***********************************

	My original message:

	I just attempted to install 3.0.1 and got an unhandled
exception error at the step where I choose to use Disk Druid to do
the partitioning. (Same error if I choose to do the partitioning
using the advanced user method.  I don't want to try automatic
partitioning.)

	The setup is a DP 500 MHz Mac using OS 10.3.2 (journaling
enabled).  The yellowdog installation is being attempted on a second
20 GB internal ATA hard drive in which OS 10.3.2 is on the second
half of this drive and the yellowdog installation is being attempted
on the first half which has been prepared as described in the
Companion to Installing booklet as an untitled free space partition.

	Is there any obvious reason why this shouldn't work?  Any
suggestions much appreciated.

	Paul

P.S.  Last lines of error message are:
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fs set.py", line 61 in fileSystemTypeGet
return fileSystemTypes [key]
key error: Apple HFS
Paul Schatz
Chem Dept