Install error Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1--ANSWER FROM TERRASOFT

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 10 07:37:01 2004

--- Harvey Ussery <huboxwood@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Norberto Quintanar wrote:
>
> >  I'd switch to Mandrake....
> >
> Which Mandrake?
>
> 9.1 for PPC? On what machine? I tried 9.1 PPC (Bamboo) on my iMac &
> it
> was an unqualified disaster--trashed my partition map--I had to
> reinstall everything. To my mind Mandrake PPC is radioactive.
>
> Cheers,    Harvey

How could it trash your partition map, unless you let it?  I've had a
fair share of success with Mandrake, and YDL.  Both have their fair
share of radioactivity when installing, neither is perfect.  I stick
to YDL, because the community is a lot friendlier.  YDL isn't
neccesarily better.  Just ask anyone trying to force an anaconda
install.