MacAlly USB PC Card on Wallstreet ...the final analysis...

Dan Kahmann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 10 21:15:02 2004

Thanks to all for the assistance - the mystery is solved, and I now have
access to my USB flash drive via the MacAlly PC Card...

The trick was to install the pcmcia-cs-3.1.22 package and adjust a few
settings. particularly the memory/resource include lines in
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts , and setting 'PCIC=yenta_socket' in
/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia.

There seems to be some "debate" as to what the proper settings are for
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts .... I am using :

#include port 0x1000-0x1fff
#include memory 0x90000000-0x9003ffff

..and this seems to be working.

2.4.22-a kernel on Wallstreet PPC

thanks again - hope this helps someone else along the way ....

- Dan