Install error Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1--PROBLEM SOLVED!

Paul N. Schatz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 10 22:13:01 2004

	Following Terrasoft's advice, I went to one of the mirror
sites: http://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/yellowdog/iso/.  I
downloaded yellowdog-3.0.1-sirius-20031118-install1.iso and the
corresponding install 2 and 3 iso's; I burned the iso's on to 3 CD-R
discs.  I booted up on install disc 1 and the partitioning and
subsequently the entire install of yellowdog went completely
smoothly.  So clearly this version of 3.0.1 is different (and better)
than what was on the discs originally sent to me.

	If anyone is having install problems, it might be worthwhile
to give this version a try.  I turned off journaling on my Mac
partitions before doing the install, but I have no reason to think
this is necessary.  In any event, journaling can easily be turned
back on after the install.  The Linux install uses ext3 which
includes journaling.

	Paul

Paul Schatz
Chem Dept