Install error Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1--PROBLEM SOLVED!

Ashok T M yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 10 22:49:01 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul N. Schatz" <pns@virginia.edu>
To: <yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 10:42 AM
Subject: Install error Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1--PROBLEM SOLVED!

> Following Terrasoft's advice, I went to one of the mirror
> sites: http://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/yellowdog/iso/.  I
> downloaded yellowdog-3.0.1-sirius-20031118-install1.iso and the
> corresponding install 2 and 3 iso's; I burned the iso's on to 3 CD-R
> discs.  I booted up on install disc 1 and the partitioning and
> subsequently the entire install of yellowdog went completely
> smoothly.  So clearly this version of 3.0.1 is different (and better)
> than what was on the discs originally sent to me.
>
> If anyone is having install problems, it might be worthwhile
> to give this version a try.  I turned off journaling on my Mac
> partitions before doing the install, but I have no reason to think
> this is necessary.  In any event, journaling can easily be turned
> back on after the install.  The Linux install uses ext3 which
> includes journaling.
>
> Paul
>

> --
> --
> Paul Schatz
> Chem Dept
> University of Virginia

 I wana install Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1 on PowerMac G5 processor with shipped
Mac Os X 10.3 installed (already) default.
I want to have lilo like from Mac Os X which permits me to choose either of
the Os at boot time.
Say i have downloaded all the iso from the above mentioned ftp site. whatz
the steps from now onwards.

ashok
sony india