kernel 2.4.22-ben2 checking new hardware

Mike 'Lew' Lamar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 11 00:02:01 2004

I've compiled and installed the 2.4.22-ben2 kernel, and during the boot-up,
I get hung on the "Checking for new hardware" portion of the boot process.

A partial listing of the boot-up shows the following:
Checking filesystems  [ OK ]
Mounting local filesystems: [ OK ]
Enabling local filesystem quotas: [ OK ]
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module usbcore
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module usbcore
Enabling swap space: [ OK ]
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
Entering non-interactive startup
Checking for new hardware

I did configure the kernel with USB included, so I don't know what
the problem is with
the module usbcore, or if that's even the reason I get stuck checking
for new hardware.
If I could just skip that hardware check, that would be nice too.
--
Mike 'Lew' Lamar - Web Designer & Programmer
http://www.abbaroo.com/