no boot selection anymore

MKG yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 12 17:31:01 2004

--------------050609020306070605040100

Offhand, I'd say that your Apple Bootstrap partition (tiny - 1MB) was
erased.  You can try this:  Insert the first YDL disk and pretend your
going to reinstall everything.  Pick DiskDruid to partition the disk.
Then pick, or reconfirm, a Apple Bootstrap partition.  Then exit.

That may not work, so you could do it again, this time additionally
selecting a root partition, which you will format, and a home partition,
which you will not format.  If you already have a home partition, all
your settings and downloads will be saved.  If you do not have a home
partition, well...then reinstall.  You should be up and running then.

--

_                                                                        _
/... this is Mozilla Thunderbird on Mac OS10/

--------------050609020306070605040100

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Offhand, I'd say that your Apple Bootstrap partition (tiny - 1MB) was
erased.&nbsp; You can try this:&nbsp; Insert the first YDL disk and pretend your
going to reinstall everything.&nbsp; Pick DiskDruid to partition the disk.&nbsp;
Then pick, or reconfirm, a Apple Bootstrap partition.&nbsp; Then exit.<br>
That may not work, so you could do it again, this time additionally
selecting a root partition, which you will format, and a home
partition, which you will not format.&nbsp; If you already have a home
partition, all your settings and downloads will be saved.&nbsp; If you do
not have a home partition, well...then reinstall.&nbsp; You should be up and
running then.<br>
Harald Nikolisin wrote:<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">hi list

since I configured something in Mac OS X (including online-update to 10.3.2),
I miss the boot menu after powering on my 15'' Alu PB.
pressing "l" at the beginning (former key for YDL) is also useless?
anybody knows whats happened? is there a chance to restore or must I reinstall
YDL?

regards
  harald

  </pre>
<title></title>
<u>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</u><br>

--------------050609020306070605040100--