Share files between Mandrake and YDL

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 12 21:20:02 2004

Mr. Ruprecht:

Thanks again:

Chris Ruprecht <ydl AT ruprecht DOT org> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I was not able to mount the
directory
> > on my Mandrake box (a Dell-made PC). However, as I
> > said, I haven't tried very hard, yet.
>
> type in
> exportfs
>
> at the prompt, this should give you some output,
> telling you what your shared directories are.

That will be very useful information:

[clint@YellowPup]$ /usr/sbin/exportfs
/home/clint    <world>

Is that right if I am sharing my home directory? (The
"world" bit makes me a little nervous, but I have a
firewall up and running. I think.)

> You have the rc directory structure as follows:
> /etc/rc.d/init.d
> /etc/rc.d/rc<runlevel>.d
> <runlevel> is a number from 1 to 6, the only ones we
> need to worry about are 3 (text mode) and 5 (X11
> mode)
> [...]

Excellent! Thanks for the fine explanation. I'll work
from there and give a report when I am better rested.

Good night!
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald
AT sbcglobal DOT net>